Bleeding Control Course- BrisbaneRegular price $99.95 Sale price $60.00 Save $39.95
Life-threatening bleeding is one of the biggest preventable causes of death in trauma and can happen anywhere at any time in serious accidents. Death can occur in as little as 5 minutes unless aggressive and effective bleeding control is applied.
The TacMed Bleeding Control Course is a hands-on 4 hour workshop that will give participants the skills, knowledge and confidence to treat a life-threatening bleed in an emergency.
- Identification of Massive Haemorrhage
- "Blood Sweep" casualty assessment
- Massive Haemorrhage Control
- Direct Pressure
- Wound Packing
- Arterial Tourniquets (Commercial & Improvised)
- Junctional Haemorrhage Control
Who should attend:
Anyone! This course has been developed for all levels from the layperson with no medical training to Doctors.
Jeremy Holder: Jeremy served as a Medic in the Australian Regular Army for 7 years. Qualified as an Underwater Medicine Clinician, Jeremy served within Special Operations Command for 4 years, which included a deployment to Afghanistan and Domestic Counter-Terrorism as a platoon medic before moving onto a civilian Intensive Care Paramedic for NSW Ambulance for 10 years.
- Former Medic in Army Special Operations
- Intensive Care Paramedic
- Deployment to Afghanistan
- Domestic Counter-Terrorism
- Fellow of Australian Tactical Medical Association
Date: Saturday 22nd August 2020
Time: 0830-1230 hrs
Place: TacMed REACT Training Centre, 3/77 Postle St Coopers Plains QLD